Tuesday, February 15, 2022

In The Words of 2021 LIT, Matt Geraghty: Becoming Outgoing

 


You should always be open to trying new things and meeting new people when faced with an unfamiliar situation. When I first came to William Lawrence, I was shy and kept to myself. Because of this, I hated my first year of camp. I thought I wasn’t making friends because no one liked me, but it was really because no one had really met me yet. I did not want to come back to camp for a second year, but I ended up coming back because of my older brother, whom enticed me to. This time when I came to camp, I decided to force myself out of my shell. I was loud and forced myself to meet people that I never would have otherwise met. During my second year at William Lawrence, I tried new things, met new people, and had a lot of fun. Because I forced myself to become outgoing, I had a lot more fun in an unfamiliar situation and I got to try many new and exciting activities. The lesson here is that no one is going to force you to have fun in life, you have to actively get out of your own way to search for it.