Wednesday, September 15, 2021

In The Words of 2021 LIT, Jake Burgess: Stay in Contact


Camp has brought many new friends into my life. Whether it was meeting new people or greeting old friends that I haven’t seen in nearly a year, camp has shown me the importance of keeping in contact with friends. Some of my favorite memories of camp are trading contact and social media information with friends on the last day of the session. I remember my first year, writing my phone number on little slips of paper and passing them around to my cabin mates in hopes that we could all stay in contact throughout the year and be able to see each other next summer. Getting a random text from someone during the year and instantly remembering all of the fun moments from camp always made me eager and excited for the next chance to see them. Being able to talk to friends that I see only during camp is one of the many reasons that I return each year.